EOD 3D Printer Training// Designing Parts with Operation and Maintenance of 3D printer (5 DAY) 40hrs (2 Students Max)
Course includes all tools, parts, and equipment required to run 3D printing operations for an EOD Shop. All files and licenses are also included.
- Day 1- Setup hardware and software for Zortrax M300 Dual and print simple explosive tools from example STL files.
- Day 2- Inventory spare parts and perform preventative and corrective maintenance IAW manufacturer documentation. Produce 2 Magic Mine training devices with included materials. Setup print files to print all mines.
- Day 3- Install and configure Fusion 360. Draw simple enclosures using Fusion 360. Import PCB in 3D from Eagle CAD.
- Day 4- 3D print and build drone based munitions dropper.
- Day 5- Capstone Project- Design and 3D Print mechanical and boobytraps.
All kit and training materials will be provided and retained by the students at the end of the course. Expect to complete this challenging course with materials to go back and train your unit.
Tuition must be paid in advance of course. Tuition is for up to two students.
Available as an MTT or by the seat in San Diego
Upon completion of this course, participants will have the knowledge, skills and abilities to:
- Enhance in-house training by enabling the Bomb Squad to comprehend device designs from different sources and exploit those designs in order to produce more realistic training aids
- Design and build Inert Ordnance with Fusion 360 CAD
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance on the Zortrax M300 Dual
- Solder/ Assemble PCBs
- Troubleshoot PCBs and Devices using the 6 Step Troubleshooting Method
- Print explosive tools from online sources
- Build a drop system for releasing ordnance from a UAS